Yesterday I was thinking about what was the good habit which I have learnt and not continuing now. Immediately first one which come to my mind was reading / learning a hour everyday. Which I have learnt when I was doing my M. C. A project work and continued till 2008. I did my project work in a company where one of the MD used to read everyday minimum four to five hours. I used to admire his concentration and willingness to learn daily.
Slowly I was performing better in the company and soon I became his favorite student / employee. Why I said student is I learnt a lot there and it's a good basement for my career. I learnt a lot in 8 months time which I didn't learn in my 3 years M. C. A. After I became his favorite, One day he said these words to me "Santosh spend at least a hour everyday to learn something which could be technical or functional or something else... sure it will help you somewhere in your life". I was inspired with his words as I know he has been reading daily and he has lot of knowledge on all areas.
I have started learning something everyday... but I was limited my learning to technology may be I am more interested in technology stuff. which helped me to understand about lot of technologies even though I am working in Oracle Applications world which doesn't have open doors for innovation. later on I have started reading some functional stuff to increase my product knowledge. This process has given me lot of confidence.
I have stopped this process from past 2 years, don't ask me why? because even I don't know the answer. May be I build more interest on other things or may be I want to enjoy more or may be something disturbing me to concentrate on learning. But I can say, I stopped my learning process as a result I don't know something new which I don't know 2 years back... frankly today I know bit little less than what knew 2 years back (only exception is I learnt few things from my experience).
Finally I have realized and I want to start it again. This is time, I thought a bit more than learning. I was learning from few years which improved my knowledge but did I utilize my knowledge? No I didn't or might be used in few occasions but it's not enough. If you are learning something and not using then what is the purpose of learning? knowledge only grows either when use it or when you share it. So this time, I have strongly decided to utilize my knowledge which I am gaining from learning and I don't wanna stick to technology stuff.
Lets see how it goes and I'll try my best to write what I am learning but in a different blog. I advice you to spend a hour everyday to learn something new if you are interested :).
Santu
Dude ,
ReplyDeleteThe blog was quite interesting and your efforts was highly appreciated .
Yes i too agree with you one should spend at least one hour to learn something everyday .
Kiran
Nice attempt!! Appreciate it. Need to hone a lot more to achieve what you want to. I wish you good luck!
ReplyDelete